Upon completion of the nursing program and receipt of the authorization to test, The Nursing School New Graduate will be paired with a Registered Nurse (RN) for orientation. Orientation will consist of rotating 12 hour shifts, days, nights, weekends and holidays. Hospital orientation and any nursing documentation/skills will also be completed. Orientation will consist approximately 12 weeks of direct nursing care within the Med/Surg unit with rotations of approximately 60 hours to the Emergency Department and Operating Rooms for clinical familiarization. The NSNG will always be assigned a RN preceptor. Within 60 days of hire The Nursing School New Graduate will be required to have taken their NCLEX and therefore be reclassified as a Registered Nurse.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization’s benefit.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others’ actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
Eligible to take the NCLEX with proof of Authorization to Test prior to Start ; become RN Licensed (Maine or Compact) within 60 days of hire
Completion of ADN or BSN Nursing Program by end of the academic semester in which they applied.
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
To apply for this job please visit gen-emh-prd.inforcloudsuite.com.