Our mission is to promote and protect the vitality of our business and non-profit community through collaborative efforts of our members while
sustaining the character of the peninsula.
Together we help create a stronger and more vibrant economy for our region.
Being a Member of the Blue Hill Peninsula Chamber of Commerce comes with a number of benefits:
- Business Listing on a dedicated page on our website which averages approximately 50,000 visitors yearly
- Marketing opportunities via Chamber Advertising Opportunities, Facebook and our Events Calendar
- Members’ First referrals
- Access to the BHPCoC membership list, which currently includes over 200 businesses in our region
- Job opportunities listing on our website, linked to Eastern Maine Community College and University of Maine job boards
- Promotion of your events via our growing social media presence via Facebook, Twitter @BHPCoC and Instagram #blue_hill_penisula
- Opportunities to join a committee or volunteer, share your ideas to help us grow and thrive
- Opportunities to participate in community and other events to showcase your business or organization
- Access to opportunities to assist your business or organization (additional fees apply).
- Become a Sponsorship
- Chamber website marketing
- Email blasts for your events or news
- Our most popular benefit is inclusion in our Area Guide. Currently at a distribution of 11,000 copies, the Guide is a much sought-after resource for tourists, businesses and those looking to relocate to this area, distributed throughout the state of Maine, the United States and internationally, through the Maine Tourism Association, Visit Portland Maine, the Blue Hill Peninsula Chamber of Commerce, other Maine Chambers of Commerce, local businesses and organizations, area rentals and places to stay.
Accomplishments in 2019
- The 2019 Annual Meeting was attended by over 200 members and community members
- Membership growth of 40 new members
- Growth of Board of Directors
- Pay down of old dept from previous years of operation
- Display space available in the Chamber office
- Increased traffic of visitors to the Chamber office
- Increased traffic to our website
- Start of monthly Open House Series
- Small Business Expo and Keynote Speaker
- Transfer of the Blue Hill Fun Run to the BHPCoC from Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
- Addition of an intern to assist with social media outlets
- Increased use and traffic to social media
- Area Guide met with great enthusiasm
- Nearly all 11,000 guides distributed and requests for more coming in daily
- Developing strategy to bring more community/business events to the peninsula