Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Northern Light Health is looking for Sonographers to join our team throughout the state of Maine. Come join us in locations from Presque Isle to Portland, and Greenville to Blue Hill, and many points in between. We have openings in Cardiology, Vascular, OB-GYN, Ultrasound, and more.
To apply click here: Northern Light Health Careers then search for keyword “Sonographer” You can then choose a location that interests you by utilizing the Company filter. You can also TEXT the word SONO to 207-506-0333 for more information.
POSITION SUMMARY: The sonographer is responsible for coordinating the patient flow to obtain requested imaging studies in a fast paced environment. This is achieved through order verification, Quality Assurance of the imaging equipment, proper patient identification and obtaining appropriate imaging following approved policies and protocols. This is to include proper patient preparation and education which may begin prior to the patient arrival. The sonographer may be involved in part of a procedural team.
• Performs age-specific echocardiographic examinations for all age groups which include infancy, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics
• Obtain diagnostic recordings of cardiac ultrasonography images and Doppler hemodynamic data
• Must maintain 30 CME’s per triennium
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED), 2 year allied health education program that is patient care related or Bachelor’s degree, Current ARDMS registered eligible to apply for registry within 4 months of hire and registered with 9 months of hire and maintain certification.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous walking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org