Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Northern Light Health has opportunities across the state for Phlebotomists. Come join a leader in healthcare in Maine at one of our many facilities. From Presque Isle to Portland and Blue Hill to Greenville, we have locations in hospitals, long-term care facilities, clinics/offices, or home care & hospice so there is bound to be a spot you will LOVE!
To Apply, visit https://northernlighthealth.org/careers and search for the keyword “Phlebotomist”
You can use the Company field to identify these positions by Northern Light Member Organization as well.
This position is to coordinate and perform blood drawing and specimen collection. The individual will interpret the physician’s or other healthcare provider’s orders and relay them to other Laboratory Staff. This position has responsibility for checking medical necessity of test(s) ordered and obtaining ABN’s as needed. This position provides some office and clerical duties for the Laboratory / Phlebotomy area.
• Performs phlebotomy and EKG’s on out-patients and in-patients of all ages. • Performs phlebotomy at various off-site locations. • Coordinates medical necessity as required by correlating test(s) being ordered to diagnosis, obtains ABN’s as needed. • Greets patients, performs laboratory order entry and temporary registration. • Inventories levels of phlebotomy supplies. • Performs laboratory clerical duties relating to reporting and laboratory test management. Checks previous days slips for proper diagnosis, medical necessity, completeness, and proper charging for test(s) performed. • Coordinates with Coordinator/Director to update phlebotomy and EKG procedure(s) as needed. • Assists in training new hires, students, and in annual competency assessments of other Laboratory employees. • Performs other duties relating to the operation of the laboratory, as assigned by Director. • Maintain a safe environment which includes knowing and understanding hospital and departmental policies and procedures. • Report and directly address identified environmental hazards when appropriate. • Report and directly address violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed. • Other duties as requested by Director.
ASCP, CMA, CPT(ASCPT) or equivalent preferred but not required. Current State of Maine Driver’s License with a clean record.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com