Website Northern Light Health
Northern Light Health
Launch your healthcare career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)! Are you interested in making a difference in direct patient care? Consider training to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital in partnership with Mid-Maine Regional Adult Community Education (MMRACE). If you are accepted into the program, you will be a full-time employee while earning your CNA certificate!
The next program starts on October 3, 2022.
About the program:
– 7 weeks – class/lab/clinical – 3 days per week (24 hours per week). Students would work 12 hours as a Patient Experience Aide on a nursing unit. Combination of training and Unit Helper work time would be a total of 36 hour per week, full-time status.
– Didactic (lecture) portion of class taught via Zoom at Maine Coast Hospital (with the exception of the first day of class on 10/5. Students will go to Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield to meet instructor, get books, etc.)
– Clinicals and labs would be completed at Maine Coast Hospital.
– This program is in collaboration with Mid-Maine Adult Community Education (Waterville) and funded with support from KVCC and Maine Quality Centers.
– Students will receive a Super Shoes voucher closer to hire date to help purchase nursing attire
– There are many benefits to this program! As a full-time employee you would be eligible for all the Northern Light Health benefit offerings including, medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, wellness programs, and more!
– 18 years of age or older high school graduate or equivalent
– Maine resident
– Some travel to the greater Waterville area required for first class, study day, state exam date – mileage reimbursement available
– Participate in a pre-admission interview
– Pass pre-employment background check
– Pass the CASAS Assessment for the program
– Willing to work as a patient experience aide while training
– Commit to Northern Light Health for one year post training
Questions? Text “27186” to 207-506-0033
Apply today at: https://gen-emh-prd.inforcloudsuite.com/hcm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=DGZ
or apply at our careers page at: https://northernlighthealth.org/Careers/Home
and search Job ID 27186
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org