Website Northern Light Health
Northern Light Health
This position is eligible for remote work for Maine Residents only and may require some time on-site for occasional trainings and meetings.
Independently performs professional level accounting work and complex functions and provides guidance and training to lower level accountants. Analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. Deals mainly with post-transaction reporting and functions and provides guidance to lower level accountants. Accurately prepares financial statements, report and analyses, prepares more complex statements and reports.
• Examines accounting documents for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). • Plans, organizes, and reviews the work of lower level accounting personnel. • Consistently review internal processes, evaluates and suggests improvements for efficiencies. • Ensures financial/statistical statements are accurate and completed in a timely manner. • Performs an analytical review of financial statements and supporting schedules for monthly reporting or as needed. • Calculates and recognizes revenues to be included on financial statements. • Prepares, review and analyses accounts receivable, contractual allowances, and bad debt. • Researches and review accounting issues and makes recommendations based on applicable accounting guidance and regulation. • Provides audit support by completing requested schedules in a timely manner. • Reconciles and/or reviews selected account reconciliations assigned by management. • Serves as the technical expert and provides education and training to the department, operations, and others. • Serves as the primary contact for respective business units department manager or staff. • Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university
5-7 Years related experience
Competencies and skills:
* 5+ years of relative work experience required.
* Applies Business Acumen: Demonstrates knowledge of current and future trends that impact organizational success. Applies proven practices and business theories to get results that meet financial as well as other business goals. Recognizes opportunities for new services and products and acts accordingly, taking measured risks into consideration. Possesses a thorough knowledge of their field and independently carries out their work in accordance with professional standards of the profession.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Experience with MySQL, Oracle, SAP, SQL Server.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization’s benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences’ level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others’ actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* Spreadsheet application with the ability to use calculations, formulas, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming.
* Word process application with the ability to create and edit documents, format, use tables, apply footnoting, create table of contents and mail merge techniques.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Prolonged periods of sitting.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Prolonged periods of standing.
* Prolonged periods of walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org