Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Maintaining high level of skill of proper documentation in electronic medical record. Greeting and welcoming all patients. Managing all encounters and pertinent consents/forms and preparing 24 hours in advance for the next business day. Performing reminder calls within 24 hours to patients regarding their appointment date/time, confirming that the patient has pre-registered, or facilitating pre-registration if needed.. Executing excellence in customer service.
• Practices the Gold Standard Behaviors. • Uses API and EBT appropriately. • Dresses appropriately • Ensures appointment descriptions are clear and appropriate • Treat people with respect • Acknowledge concerns • Work together to remove departmental boundaries • Maintains confidentiality of all patient, donor and employee information. • Demonstrates high level customer service • Promotes Schedule Access • Offers Map applications to patients that may benefit for financial assistance • Performs reminder calls for the next day patients, 24 hours in advance • Provides patients with education and access to portal • Utilizes EMR to route patient calls • Works Collaboratively with Peers • Treats patient and community members with courtesy, fairly, ethically • Be a problem solver and follow issues to resolution • Behave in a manner that makes you approachable • Providers patients with education and access to portal • Participated in quality control/performance improvement activities. • Observes safety rules/regulations/policies and procedures. • Proper use of BHMH property and equipment. • Maintaining medical records through scanning and HIM • Returns calls/messages within one business day • Use appropriate hand hygiene • Reminder calls to patients 24/48 hours in advance • Participation in PCMH/ACO/MU measures. • Proper use of BHMH property and equipment • Point of Care collections at time of service • Encounter reconciliation sent to billing daily • Balance cash box at end of day, verifies payments and records on the receipt sheet and forwards to billing office • Encounter form management, correct PCP, Pharm, DOS
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org