Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Are you interested in taking the first step in your career ladder? Northern Light Continuing Care – Maine Coast and Blue Hill offer a PAID Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program.
To Apply, Click here: PAID CNA Training Class
Consider training to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at Northern Light Continuing Care in partnership with Mid-Maine Regional Adult Community Education and Kennebec Valley Community College. Our next Program will begin in January, 2022
This 36-40 hour per week paid position consists of 16-24 hours of class and clinical experience with the remaining hours spent as a Patient Experience Aide on one of the Nursing Units.
There are many benefits to this program. In addition to working towards becoming a licensed State of Maine Certified Nursing Assistant, you are eligible for all the AMAZING benefits we offer including Medical, Dental, and Vision.
If you are accepted into the program, you will be a full-time employee while earning your CNA Certificate.
Summary:Provides direct and in-direct patient care under direction of nursing staff. Performs duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. May transfer or transport patients.
• Communicates and interacts with patients and families, physicians, peers and other health care members to maximize successful customer outcomes and maximize function of the unit.
• Precepts team members to job function
• Orients patient to hospital environment and routine
• Attends and serves on one unit committee or educational peer opportunity to improve quality and/or engagement.
• Documents all aspects of patient care in a timely manner.
• Participates in unit quality improvement initiatives.
• Communicates appropriate information and patient needs to oncoming staff at change of shift and to RN in a timely manner for follow up.
• Provides care in accordance with the patient’s plan of care.
• Label and Delivers specimens per policy.
• Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
• May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
* No Minimum Requirement
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com