Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Northern Light Home Care and Hospice
Department: General Education & Development
This position will be located at one of the Home Care & Hospice offices throughout Maine
Work Type: Full Time 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Click to Apply: Manager – Education
The Manager of Education is responsible for developing and overseeing competency and onboarding of all new hires to the organization. This position is responsible for collaboration with schools of nursing, therapy, and social work to coordinate student clinical assignments at all Agency locations. The incumbent is responsible for researching, developing, implementing, and facilitating an Agency Wide Education Plan that supports the provision of evidence-based practice and regulatory compliance. The Manager of Education may have access to highly confidential employee, patient and/or Home Care & Hospice proprietary information and must handle and protect the information in accordance with homecare & system policies, HIPAA requirements and the highest level of ethical standards. The incumbent develops and maintains an attitude which supports a culture of team accountability. As a member of the Management team the incumbent is responsible for organizational performance improvement activities and education/orientation activities. The Manager of Education acts as Manager On Call on a rotating basis.
Oversight of staff including productivity of clinical staff, agency quality outcomes, patient satisfaction and practice standards delivery.
· Collaborates with Leadership and other members of the general education & development department to standardize competencies, onboarding processes, and train the trainer programs, applying principles of adult learning.
· Assesses, implements, and evaluates agency educational needs that are in alignment with all State and Federal Regulations and clinical standards of care.
· Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration relative to clinical and professional practice.
· Works with other departments towards common goals such as orientation and training development, employee retention, clinical outcomes, and policy compliance.
· Acts as the Agency representative/liaison for student health care professions for the purposes of coordinating student clinical experiences.
· Represents the Agency on Northern Light Health committees/workgroups and community-based groups as directed
· Acts as a clinical resource for clinical practice standards by maintaining knowledge of OASIS and clinical practice standards.
· Other duties as assigned.
BLS for Healthcare Providers Certification (or willing to obtain within six months of hire) as an OASIS Specialist-Clinical by the OASIS Certificate and Competency Board.
Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and agency required auto liability insurance.
Competencies and skills:
* 4+ years of relative experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization’s benefit.
* Develops Self and Others: Takes responsibility for engaging in professional self-development activities and programs. Strives to gain insight into their own values, strengths and weaknesses, interests and ambitions and takes action in order to enhance competencies and skills when possible. As a leader, encourages and guides employees towards growth opportunities to enhance performance and help them reach goals. Reviews and analyzes employees’ strengths and weaknesses to distinguish their talents and development needs, and to ensure they are enhanced appropriately.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences’ level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Fosters Innovation: Employs and encourages the use of meaningful creativity in solving challenges. Proactively identifies opportunities and uses new approaches to enhance processes, systems and services. When appropriate, suggests or initiates new strategies, products, services, and markets.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others’ actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* Word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, database experience and other computer related skills.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
* Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
License to practice as a Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, or Occupational Therapist in the State of Maine
4+ years of relative experience required.
Master’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of education
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Work beyond the regularly scheduled hours.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
* Continuous sitting.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org